Message template names can only contain lowercase letters, numbers, and underscores. No other characters or empty spaces are allowed.
Examples of valid message template names:
Examples of invalid message template names:
- booking request
Template body (Content)
Message templates are limited to 1024 characters. You can include placeholders for variables or parameters that you'd like to fill in later on, to cater your message for each customer.
Parameters are defined using curly brackets and a number in between them, as shown in the following example. You can also format your message using WhatsApp's standard message formatting features:
The above message can be customized to say:
Notice that placing asterisks around the variable displays it as bold text. View the official guideline for more on WhatsApp text formatting.
Here is a list of template types that have a higher chance of being approved:
Notify the message recipient of a change to their account settings.
- Profile has changed
- Preferences are updated
- Settings have changed
- Membership has expired
- Password has changed
Notify the message recipient of a payment update for an existing transaction.
- Send a receipt
- Send an out-of-stock notification
- Notify an auction has ended
- Status on a payment transaction has changed
PERSONAL FINANCE UPDATE
Confirm a message recipient’s financial activity.
- Bill-pay reminders
- Scheduled payment reminder
- Payment receipt notification
- Funds transfer confirmation or update
- Other transactional activities in financial services
Notify the message recipient of a change in shipping status for a product that has already been purchased.
- Product is shipped
- Status changes to in-transit
- Product is delivered
- Shipment is delayed
Notify the message recipient of updates to an existing reservation.
- Itinerary changes
- Location changes
- Cancellation is confirmed
- Hotel booking is cancelled
- Car rental pick-up time changes
- Room upgrade is confirmed
Notify the message recipient of a change to an existing appointment.
- Appointment time changes
- Appointment location changes
- Appointment is cancelled
Notify the message recipient of updates to an existing transportation reservation.
- Flight status changes
- Ride is cancelled
- Trip is started
- Ferry has arrived
Send the message recipient updates or reminders for an event for which a person already has a ticket.
- Concert start time changes
- Event location changes
- Show is cancelled
- A refund opportunity is made available
Notify the message recipient of an update to a customer service issue that was initiated in a Messenger conversation, following a transaction.
- Issue is resolved
- Issue status is updated
- Issue requires a request for additional information
- ALERT. Notify the message recipient of something informational. Business hours/hours of availability